* 12th Annual IN-ABC Conference, November 7-8, 2019 *
A Guide to Behavior Consulting: The Why & the How
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 Annual Conference is right around the corner. Please take a look at your calendars and make plans to participate.
Reserve Your Room:
* reduced rate for room reservations available through 10/7/2019 *
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
601 South High Street
Muncie, IN 47305
[if you register by phone, ask to be included in the
“Indiana Association of Behavioral Consultants” block]
Opening Keynote: Rabbi Yonason Goldson
The Power of Ethical Leadership
Yonason Goldson is director of Ethical Imperatives, LLC, teaching leaders how good ethics is good business and the benefits of intellectual diversity. He’s a keynote speaker, TEDx presenter, and community rabbi, as well as a repentant hitchhiker, recovered circumnavigator, former newspaper columnist, and retired high school teacher in St. Louis.
He’s authored hundreds of articles applying ancient wisdom to the challenges of the modern world, and five books including “Fix Your Broken Windows: a 12-step program for promoting ethical affluence” and “Proverbial Beauty: secrets for success and happiness from the wisdom of the ages.”
Closing Keynote: Kelly Hartman
Culture, Perception and the Pursuit of Happiness
Kelly is the President & CEO at Insights Consulting, Inc a company named to the Top Workplaces in Indianapolis for nine years, Co-Founder of Outside the Box – a day program known for it’s innovation, and has served the Indiana Association of Behavioral Consultants since it’s inception in 2001.
In her near 30 year career of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities — she has always maintained a focus on individual’s capabilities, not their disabilities. In her passion to help people achieve better outcomes in life – she believes in building on what a person CAN do through teaching a non-aversive, person centered approach to personal success.
Through her very “real” training style, Hartman is best known for her sense of humor and helping us see things from a different perspective.
This year, Kelly will present “Culture, Perception and the Pursuit of Happiness”… Providing Behavior Supports stretches far beyond simply completing a Behavioral Assessment and writing a Behavior Support plan.
Beyond the BMAN basics, we will explore how culture, perception and the pursuit of happiness impact our work in the lives of people who chose us.
* Dr. Angela Lykins, Ph.D., HSPP (Managing Anxiety Disorders)
* CJ Gallihugh, PsyD, RBC, NCC, LMHC (Developing Effective Replacement Behaviors)
* Trena Anderson, MA, BC (Decoding Confabulation)
* Angela Hardy, MS LMHCA (Approaching Families Experiencing ADHD and Autism)
* Leanne Carlson, Ph.D. HSPP (Expanded Techniques of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
* Wendy Waldman, BSW, CBIST (Acquired Brain Injury: Managing a Chronic Condition)
Register by mail or online:
2. complete the registration form on the last page of the Conference Program
3. mail the registration form(s) – along with full payment to the order of IN-ABC, to Sue Bauer, INABC Secretary at the address indicated on the top of the registration form
— OR —