One of the benefits of association membership is the availability of INABC endorsed educational opportunities, which typically offer CEUs at no additional cost to members.
These opportunities are usually offered during the course of our scheduled association meetings. Additionally, during the course of many “non meeting months” the association may schedule in-service training opportunities to obtain CEUs, again offered to INABC members at no additional cost.
Please keep in mind, that per 460 IAC, Behavioral Consultants (that already have their Masters Degrees) must obtain ten (10) related CEUs annually to maintain your certification. While INABC offers CEUs as a benefit of membership, it is the responsibility of each individual member to meet this requirement.
Also, take note that the CEU opportunities listed below are guaranteed to be 100% applicable only to the annual State of Indiana requirements for behavioral consultants. Beyond that, for MSW or LCSW specific requirements for instance, please be sure to review details listed at IN.gov — www.in.gov/pla/2632.htm.
Current Schedule of INABC endorsed Training Opportunities:
Beginning May 2015, all CEU opportunities will be emailed to the INABC Maillist and also posted @ INABC Facebook.
- 4/17/15 INABC Meeting – 1:00 – 3:00 – Recognizing Anxiety in, and Interventions for, Individuals with DD / Dr. Leanne Carlson
- 1/16/15 INABC Meeting – 1:00 – 3:00 – Bureau of Quality Improvement Services related topics / Anne Davis
- 7/18/14 INABC Meeting – 1pm – Substance Abuse and Developmental Disabilities / BJ Barns MSW
- 4/25/14 INABC Meeting – Time TBA – Competency Based Training / Ken Nelson and Fritz Kruggel
- 1/31/14 INABC Meeting – 1:00 – 3:00 – Positive Behavior Supports / Kelly Hartman
Online Training Opportunities for CEU credit:
- MentalHealthCE.com is now offering unlimited CEUs for $98/year or 30% off individual courses. Discount Code: unlimited.
- CE-Credit.com is offering courses @ $7 per credit hour, or a 2-year unlimited credit package @ $197.
Other Training Opportunities of Interest:
** If you are seeking CEU credit, please be certain to independently check with the respective agency whether credits are available.
- Treatment Resistant Anxiety, Worry, & Panic: 60 Effective Strategies. Presented by PESI. 7/22 in Merrillville, 7/23 in Fort Wayne, 7/24 in Indianapolis, 7/24 Webcast. Details are at the PESI website.
- Autism and Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Practical Strategies to Improve Information Processing and Teach Positive Behaviors. Presented by PESI. Merrillville 6/8, Indy 6/9, Ft Wayne 6/10. Details are at the PESI website.
- Using the DSM-5 and ICD-10: The Changing Diagnosis of Mental Health. Presented by PESI. Merrillville 6/3, Ft Wayne 6/4, Carmel 6/5. Details are at the PESI website.
- Psychopharmacology conference 2014. Presented by PESI. November 6-7, Indianapolis. Details are at the PESI website.
- “Autism, Asperger’s, Sensory, & ADHD in Children and Adolescents” (all in Ohio): Columbus, Springfield, Dayton, Cincinnati, Lima, Mansfield. October 14-22. Details are at the Summit Education website.
- Anxiety Disorders in Children & Adolescents: Recognizing and treating the emerging epidemic. Presented by PESI. November 3 – 5, Merrilville, Ft. Wayne, Carmel. Details are at the PESI website.
- Anxiety: Treatment Techniques that Really Work Presented by PESI. October 27 – 29. Merrilville, Ft. Wayne, Indianapolis. Details are at the PESI website.
- “Strategies for Sensory Based Behavioral Challenges: Interventions and Activities for Sensory Deficits in Infants and Children.” Fort Wayne, Lafayette, Indianapolis – 9/23-25. Details are at the Summit Education website.
- “Emergency Mental Health; Assessment and Treatment” Presented by Cross Country Education. Several locations in July. Details are at the Cross Country Education website.
- “Effective Behavior and Sensory Interventions” for Autism Spectrum, ADHD, and Sensory Disorders in Children. Presented by Jennifer Peloquin Biel, MEd. Dayton 6/10, Cincinnati 6/11, Columbus 6/12. Details are at the Summit Education website.
- “Functional Analysis & Treatment of Severe Behavior Disorders”. Presented by Dr. Brian Iwata. May 12-13 in Indianapolis. Details are at the Behavior Intervention Specialists website.
- “Indiana Mental Health & the Law 2014”. Presented by Health Ed, Indianapolis / PESI. June 6 in Indianapolis. Details are at the PESI website.
- Wilderness as an Intervention for the Early Adolescent/Latency-Aged Child, presented by SUWS of the Carolinas & Phoenix Outdoor. A Webinar to be presented on 4/4/14 at 11am. Details are at the SUWS Carolinas website.
- 45th Annual Autism Society National Conference, including an address from Temple Grandin. July 23 – 26 in Indianapolis. Details are at the Autism Society website.
- “Advanced ADHD Treatment for Children & Adults”. Presented by PESI Healthcare, Carmel. June 2 in Merrillville, June 2 in Fort Wayne, June 4 in Indianapolis, June 4 Webcast. Details are at the PESI website.
- “Falls and Balance Disorders”. Presented by Summit Education. May 17, 2014 in Evansville. Details are at the Summit website.
- “Healthy Interventions For Autism, Asperger’s, Sensory, & ADHD in Children and Adolescents”. Presented by Summit Education. April 22, 2014 (Ft. Wayne), and May 8, 2014 (South Bend). Details are at the Summit website.
- “The 10 Core Competencies of Trauma, PTSD, Grief & Loss”. Presented by PESI Healthcare in Carmel. May 12 and 13, 2014. Details are at the PESI website.
- “Using DBT to help clients manage their emotions”. Presented by PESI Healthcare in Carmel. March 31 and April 1, 2014. Details are at the PESI website, and a live video webcast available.
- Biomedical Interventions for Autism, featuring Dr. Jerry Kartzinel. Presented by Cornerstone Autism Center in Greenwood. Saturday, March 8, 2014 9am – 5pm. Details are at the Cornerstone Autism Center website.
- Hands in Autism — www.HANDSinAutism.org — has just announced several upcoming training opportunities scheduled through July, 2014.Opportunities include single day sessions, three day sessions, a Saturday series and week-long intensive series.
- The Indiana Institute for Behavior Analysis, LLC is proud to host Dr. Michael Mueller as the presenter for a workshop on the Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS) in downtown Indianapolis on August 23, 2013 at The Hilton Hotel. This workshop provides 6 CE credits and is $125 for registration or $240 with registration and a copy of the AFLS Assessment. Group discounts are available.To register or for more information, please visit http://www.tiiba.org/afls.php
If you are aware of an interesting training opportunity that is not listed above, please email INABC.
Become a Member
INABC represents over 380 Behavioral Consultants, working for more than 40 agencies throughout the state. Have you joined yet ?