* Tenth Annual IN-ABC Conference, November 2-3, 2017 *
Meeting People Where They Are…
It’s once again time for our Annual Conference. Given our desire to support the Erskine Green Training Institute, this year’s conference will be at the Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center / Erskine Green Training Institute. Please consider joining us, and if you happen to be a new clinician, there’s plenty for you too.
Reserve Your Room:
at Horizon Convention Center
601 South High Street
Muncie, IN 47305
IN-ABC welcomes Dr. Karyn Harvey as this year’s Keynote Speaker on the topic of Trauma–Informed Behavioral Interventions.
Dr. Harvey has worked as a clinician in the field of intellectual disabilities for over 30 years. She has a master’s degree in Clinical psychology and a Ph.D. in Applied Developmental Psychology from the University of Maryland.
She has published articles about therapeutic interventions with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), workbooks for individuals with IDD and two books. Her first book, Positive Identity Development was published in 2009 and presents both theory and guidance for clinicians doing therapy with individuals with ID.
Her second book, Trauma –Informed Behavioral Interventions was published in 2011 and presents a trauma- informed care approach to working with individuals with ID both programmatically and clinically.
She is currently the Assistant Executive Director of Clinical Services for the Arc Baltimore. She also consults with various state and individual agencies as well as trains staff, administrators and clinicians on trauma-informed care throughout the country. In 2016 she received the Earl Loschen Award from NADD for Excellence in Clinical Practice.
Dr. Harvey will present: Trauma Informed Behavioral Interventions — Social, emotional and biological causes of trauma in the lives of individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ID) are explored. Humanistic and effective intervention techniques are then taught in a hands-on manner.
INABC hopes you’ll make plans to join us for her presentation.
* Dr. Rochelle Manor, Ph.D. (Misdiagnosis of ADD/ADHD and How the Wrong Meds Can Wreak Havoc if it’s Really a Sensory or Anxiety Issue)
* Anne Welborn, MA (Creative and Therapeutic Approaches to Teaching Appropriate Behaviors)
* Jennifer Cianelli, MS and Timothy Otsu, MSW, Eskenazi Health Midtown Mobile Crisis Team
(Law Enforcement & Intellectual Disabilities: Challenges and Practical Solutions)
* Kelly Hartman, MA (Behavior Management 101, Best Practices for the New Clinician)
* Lucy Lund, PhD (Collaborative Teams Fostering Self-Determination)
* Lindsey Wright, MT-BC (The ISO-Principle: Supporting People on Their Terms)
2. complete the ENTIRE registration form on the last page of the Registration Brochure
3. mail the registration form(s) – along with payment (personal or business checks) to Sue Bauer, INABC Secretary at the address indicated on the top of the registration form
Online Registration is not available this year.